CALL TODAY - 0114 266 4216

The Role of the Introducer in Pension mis-selling

mobile phone showing pension transfer cold caller

30 October 2018

If you are one of the many people who received a “cold call” offering a Free Pension Review then it’s more than likely that you were speaking to an Introducer.

A Pension Introducer is a marketing company or individual set up to “introduce” you to a Financial Adviser, Provider or Product.

Sadly, there are some Introducers whose recommendations may be more about endorsing certain investment products and not necessarily just introducing you to a product or service.

Unfortunately, following these recommendations your pension may have been placed in an unsuitable investment – most commonly a SIPP (self invested personal pension) – containing high risk, unregulated investments, such as; Car Parks, Store Pods, Overseas Developments, to name a few.

A recent example of this is CL&P Brokers, an unregulated firm who marketed high risk non-regulated investments, that included a Store Pods scheme and investment in Australian farm land, via cold calling.

It seems that through this, people then transferred their pension into a SIPP with various SIPP providers such as Carey Pensions UK, Berkeley Burke and Liberty SIPP.

Unfortunately, some unregulated introducers fall out of the FCA’s jurisdiction making it harder for the FCA to hold them accountable.

However, Financial Advisers and SIPP Providers are subject to FCA regulations and if they were involved in the transfer and failed to act in your best interests by giving you unsuitable investment advice, or exercising due diligence, then you could have grounds to make a claim against them.

If you’ve taken up the offer of a free pensions review and/or any of the above names seem familiar to your current investment then you’d be wise to check out if you have been mis-sold.

Robert Pemberton
Antony Stroud
Excellent company, would definitely use again, they never gave up
Junior Geener
always kept you informed has to what was going on .I'd recommend pension claim to anybody
Ian Gaynor
A thoroughly positive result and experience. In all honesty I didn't have much hope of any success following a truly dodgy pension investment. I spent years angry at myself then decided to let these guys have a go on my behalf. It took hardy any effort on my part and they kept me fully informed, then out of the blue I got a call saying they have won all my pension back plus more and within days it hit my account. Thrilled with their effort and professionalism. I dealt with a few different staff and all were informative, polite and helpful. I great end to a terrible situation. 100% genuine review and I cannot recommend them enough. Thank you.
Grace Anderson
Pension Claim Consulting were a Godsend. I was told about them by a friend who had also invested in a pension. They kept me informed on the progress of my claim with regular updates and answered my queries with patience and professionalism. There percentage for on behalf was also lower than expected. I can't thank them enough
adrian buck
Keith Wilkins
Very thorough and achieved the goal regarding compensation in full. Took a while but was worth the wait
Mark Holmes
Excellent service. Great result.
michael dixon
I was approached by Pension Claim Consulting after the company that was handle ing my SIPP had been investigated by the Financial Ombudsmen and informed me i had a case, with this information given to me i agreed to let them represent me in trying to reclaim my investment. All through the process i was informed of every step and on a regular basis even though it took many months the outcome was successful and i was reimbursed fully. This is a fantastic company to work with and dedicated staff who know their business. Many Thanks. Mike Dixon.
Roderick Turnbull
Important Information!

You are not required to use our services to pursue your claim. You can also seek further advice or shop around subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.

It is possible for you to present the claim for free, either to the firm or person against whom you wish to complain or to the statutory ombudsman (Financial Ombudsman Service or Pension Ombudsman Service) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, whichever is applicable to your claim.