Grosvenor Butterworth Limited

Established in 1992, Cardiff based advice firm Grosvenor Butterworth (Financial Services) Limited, closed its doors in 2018.

This came after the Financial Conduct Authority said recommendations they had given to clients to invest in the Discretionary Fund Manager Beaufort Securities, were “unsatisfactory”.

The company were initially placed under a section 166 review. This meant they had to have the supervision of a third party to review its practises regarding certain regulated activities, which included advising on pension transfers. The FCA then went on to stop Grosvenor Butterworth’s regulated activity altogether and the company subsequently went into administration.

Even Beaufort Securities themselves expressed concern, with reports at the time claiming they had sent letters to their clients advising them to seek advice on the suitability of the recommendation they had received to invest with Beaufort and if they had grounds to make a compensation claim.

What is mis-selling?

Quite often Mis-selling occurs as a result of poor or negligent financial advice. A regulated adviser or company has a duty to ensure the recommendations they make are suitable to your needs and risk profile.

If they didn’t this could be mis-selling and you may be able to make a claim for compensation.

How we can help

If you were advised by Grosvenor Butterworth and you have any concerns about the advice you received and would like to talk to our team about it, please call 0114 2664216.

Or we offer a free initial check to see if you may have been mis-sold. With a simple chat with one of our team we can briefly assess your circumstances and tell you if we think you may have a case. If you have, we’ll tell you more about the claims process. There’s no obligation to use our service.

Simply fill in the enquiry form to arrange a call back at a convenient time for you.

Important Information!

You are not required to use our services to pursue your claim. You can also seek further advice or shop around subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.

It is possible for you to present the claim for free, either to the firm or person against whom you wish to complain or to the statutory ombudsman (Financial Ombudsman Service or Pension Ombudsman Service) or the Financial Compensation Scheme, whichever is applicable to your claim.

We will not make or pursue a claim, or advise you to, if we know or have reasonable grounds to suspect that the claim does not have a good arguable basis, and or is fraudulent or frivolous.