Moneywise Financial Advisers Ltd

If you received advice from Moneywise Financial Advisers Ltd you may want to check if you should be claiming compensation for mis-selling

Moneywise Financial Advisers Ltd were formed in 2012 and were based in Aberdeen.  As of 2017 they are no longer authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

In 2014 the FCA placed restrictions on the firm regarding pension switches and transfers, especially regarding SIPPs. 

Complaints have been made against Moneywise and advice to invest in Storefirst through SIPPs.

In 2016 they were declared in default with the FSCS. 

How does Pension Mis-selling happen?

Pension mis-selling often happens as a result of bad financial advice. When making a financial recommendation, such as a pension transfers or investment, Advisers have a duty to consider:

  • the client’s needs and circumstances
  • the level of risk they are willing to take

Most Financial Advisers do work in the best interests of their clients and follow the regulations. Unfortunately, some have exposed their clients to unsuitable risks and losses as a result of the advice they have given.

If you have received unsuitable financial advice from a regulated Adviser or firm, you may have been mis-sold. 

What Can you do if you think you’ve been mis-sold your SIPP?

If you were advised to transfer into a SIPP and you have concerns about the advice you received or the investments within the SIPP we may be able to help.

We offer a free initial check to see if you may have been mis-sold. It’s just a simple chat with one of our team who can briefly assess if you may have a case. There’s no obligation to use our service. 

See what our clients think of us on Trustpilot

Key Facts

Advised people to transfer their pensions into SIPPs which had unsuitable investments
These investments include Storefirst
No longer trading but claims may still be made for mis-sold pension advice

We win more than 9 out of 10 claims

The cost of our service is 18% inc VAT on the total monies awarded for a successful claim

Important Information!

You are not required to use our services to pursue your claim. You can also seek further advice or shop around subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.

It is possible for you to present the claim for free, either to the firm or person against whom you wish to complain or to the statutory ombudsman (Financial Ombudsman Service or Pension Ombudsman Service) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, whichever is applicable to your claim.