Armed Forces Pensions

In 2015, following recommendations from the Hutton report, the government brought in legislation regarding the long-term performance and structure of Public Service Pension Schemes, including the Armed Forces.

Deadline Effect

Whilst these recommendations were intended to stabilise the future of these pension schemes, they unintentionally created a “deadline effect” which left scheme members open to potential pension transfer scammers and negligent financial advice.

What with tempting cash incentives, tax free lump sums and the false guarantee of “unlocking” their pension pot early, it’s understandable that members opted to try and make the most of their future nest eggs.

Unfortunately, as a result many scheme members who transferred out of their Final Salary Military Pension Schemes into a private pension scheme, have potentially lost out.


Well, Final Salary pensions or Defined Benefit pensions like these, are considered very valuable, mainly due to the benefits that come as part of these schemes. It’s only in exceptional cases that a pension transfer into a private pension scheme, such as a SIPP, would be considered a suitable option.

What Can I Do if I Transferred my Military Pension?

If you have received unsuitable advice from a regulated company or person, you may be able to claim compensation for it.

We are currently representing many Ex Forces Personnel who may have had their future pension entitlement compromised by negligent Financial Advice.

We offer a free consultation to look into the circumstances that lead to your Pension Transfer. We will then tell you if we think you may have a case to claim compensation.

Then it’s up to you. You can make the claim yourself or use a service like ours to help you.

To arrange a free consultation at a convenient time, please fill in the enquiry form. Or call 0114 2664216

Important Information!

You are not required to use our services to pursue your claim. You can also seek further advice or shop around subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.

It is possible for you to present the claim for free, either to the firm or person against whom you wish to complain or to the statutory ombudsman (Financial Ombudsman Service or Pension Ombudsman Service) or the Financial Compensation Scheme, whichever is applicable to your claim.

We will not make or pursue a claim, or advise you to, if we know or have reasonable grounds to suspect that the claim does not have a good arguable basis, and or is fraudulent or frivolous.