CALL TODAY - 0114 266 4216

Vintage Investment Services

Did you receive pension advice from Vintage Investment Services?

Vintage Investment Services is one of the firms associated with claims regarding the British Steel Pension Scheme scandal.

The FSCS declared Vintage Investment Services in default on January 17th 2023 and are accepting claims against the firm.

It’s been reported that claims against Vintage Investment Services could total £1.7m.

Check if you have a mis-sold advice claim


We provide an initial assessment to check if you may have been given mis-sold pension advice.


Whilst each case is individual, as pension mis-selling specialists we know to look for certain signs that in our experience indicate unsuitable advice may have been given.


Our assessment is free and there’s absolutely no pressure to use our service if you have case.

Free Assessment to check if you have a case

What’s the British Steel pension mis-selling scandal?

In 2017 The Pensions Regulator allowed British Steel to close its troubled original pension scheme.

Members then had a choice on what to do with their pensions.

Many were advised to transfer from the BSPS and into a Personal Pension Plan or a Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP).

However, the advice to transfer was not the most suitable option for most British Steel pension scheme members.

And some members weren’t made aware of the alternatives to transferring

Why was it unsuitable pension advice to transfer?

Defined Benefit (DB) pension schemes, like the BSPS are considered valuable pensions.

By transferring, members would lose the benefits they’d already built up in the scheme. It’s also unrealistic to expect they would achieve the same level of benefits from the new plan.

A transfer from a DB pension into a private pension would only be suitable for some people, in certain circumstances.

The Financial Conduct Authority states it is unlikely to be in an individual’s interests to leave a defined benefit scheme.

Many of the thousands of BSPS members who received unsuitable advice to transfer are now claiming compensation.

The BAD news:

Thousands of people have been affected by pension mis-selling

The GOOD news:

Compensation payments are hitting record figures every year

What happens to my claim if my adviser is in default?

If your adviser has been declared in default it means the FSCS are satisfied that there’s protected claims against them.

And that the firm are unlikely or unable to pay compensation in respect of claims.

This means you can still make a claim against a company that is declared in default, but it will be processed by the FSCS.

The Financial Services Compensation Scheme has limits to how much compensation it can award.

This is dependent on factors such as when and how you were mis-sold.

Latest on Vintage Investment Services

Vintage Investment Services has been declared in default by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).

The firm issued a proposal for a Partnership Voluntary Arrangement (PVA) on 8th June 2022 which would allow the business to be sold as a going concern rather than be wound up completely.

It also means the FSCS may receive some money from the firm towards compensation pay-outs.

If you are unsure if you have a case and need some help – Get in touch and arrange a consultation.

Our initial assessment can tell you if you have a case and our service can take care of the claim for you!

Arrange a free assessment to check if you have a claim

    GDPR: I understand by completing my details on the above form my data will be protected and processed in line with Pension Claim Consulting Ltd's Privacy & Cookie Policy

    Important Information!

    You are not required to use our services to pursue your claim. You can also seek further advice or shop around subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.

    It is possible for you to present the claim for free, either to the firm or person against whom you wish to complain or to the statutory ombudsman (Financial Ombudsman Service or Pension Ombudsman Service) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, whichever is applicable to your claim.