Investments in Mis-sold SIPPs

Looking at the investments in your SIPP may help indicate if you’ve been mis-sold.

If you’re invested in something high-risk and unregulated which is possibly unsuitable for you and your circumstances this could be mis-selling.

The reason many people are mis-sold SIPPs is because the risks involved with investments they contain does not match their attitude to risk.

In many mis-sold SIPP cases clients were not adequately told of the risks and sometimes even promised guaranteed high returns if they invested.

This is usually the case when an Unregulated Introducer is involved. They are not subject to the rules of regulated firms and can make misleading statements regarding products so as to generate their commissions.

In a lot of cases clients only become aware they have been mis-sold when they see unexpected losses to their pension funds as the value of investments decrease.

Investments and Mis-selling

From overseas property schemes to renewable energies and storage-pods; high risk, unregulated investments are generally regarded as only being suitable for certain investors.

Unfortunately, too many people who aren’t suitable for these types of investment schemes have ended up invested in them anyway, usually as part of their SIPP.

If you have concerns about your investment advice or SIPP, we offer a free no obligation assessment to check if you may have been mis-sold and if you could have a case for compensation.

Important Information!

You are not required to use our services to pursue your claim. You can also seek further advice or shop around subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.

It is possible for you to present the claim for free, either to the firm or person against whom you wish to complain or to the statutory ombudsman (Financial Ombudsman Service or Pension Ombudsman Service) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, whichever is applicable to your claim.