Carbon Credits

If you were advised to invest in Carbon Credits you may want to check if you should be claiming compensation for mis-selling

Carbon Credits came about as a solution for companies to offset their carbon emissions when regulations tightened. Basically, a carbon credit gave the holder the right to emit 1 tonne of CO2 and companies would purchase these credits when their own levels exceeded their CO2 obligations.

High-risk Investment

Whilst this sounds like a nice system for a greener World, in terms of investment it became very complex, with companies, investors and traders buying and selling the credits.

This type of investment is very volatile and high risk and some companies went bust when the value of the credits fell. It is also not covered by the FCA which means there is no safety net in the event things go wrong.

SIPP Investors may have been mis-sold

Many people who are not suitable for high risk investment have nonetheless found themselves invested in Carbon Credits through their Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP). As a result they have lost substantial amounts of their retirement fund.

However, if you were advised to invest in Carbon Credits and you do not meet the high-risk investor profile then you may have been mis-sold and could claim compensation.

Get an expert opinion with our free assessment check

Whilst each case is individual, as mis-selling specialists we know to look for certain signs that in our experience indicate that mis-selling may have happened.

The assessment is free and there’s absolutely no obligation to use our service if you have case.

Key Facts

High-risk investment which was unsuitable for most SIPP investors
If you were advised to invest in Carbon Credits you may be able to claim compensation for mis-selling

We win more than 9 out of 10 claims

The cost of our service is 18% inc VAT on the total monies awarded for a successful claim

Important Information!

You are not required to use our services to pursue your claim. You can also seek further advice or shop around subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.

It is possible for you to present the claim for free, either to the firm or person against whom you wish to complain or to the statutory ombudsman (Financial Ombudsman Service or Pension Ombudsman Service) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, whichever is applicable to your claim.