Eastbridge Investments Plc

If you have Eastbridge Investments in your SIPP you may want to check if you should be claiming compensation for mis-selling

Previously registered in Jersey; Eastbridge Investments PLC was a high-risk property investment which was listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM).

The AIM is a specialist sub section of the London Stock Exchange (LSE). It has more regulatory flexibility than the LSE, so as to enable smaller, riskier companies the opportunity to access capital from the public exchange.

In 2015 Eastbridge was valued at £0 and subsequently became insolvent in 2016.

A previous claim was upheld by the Financial Ombudsman Service relating to a client who had lost £71,000 after investing in Eastbridge through Beaufort Securities DFM

The Ombudsman remarked in their decision that the investments selected for the client’s portfolio were “unsuitable”. This was because that the client had a low-medium risk profile and this investment was high-risk.

Major Mis-selling red flag

This is one of the major red flags of mis-selling as regulated companies and individuals have an obligation to ensure a client’s risk profile matches the product or investments being recommended.

If they haven’t, you could make a complaint and may also be able to pursue compensation.

Get an expert opinion with our free assessment check

Whilst each case is individual, as mis-selling specialists we know to look for certain signs that in our experience indicate that mis-selling may have happened.

Our assessment is free and there’s absolutely no obligation to use our service if you have case.

Key Facts

High-risk, unregulated investment which is considered unsuitable for most investors
Many people may have been mis-sold this investment as a part of their SIPP

We win more than 9 out of 10 claims

The cost of our service is 18% inc VAT on the total monies awarded for a successful claim

Important Information!

You are not required to use our services to pursue your claim. You can also seek further advice or shop around subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.

It is possible for you to present the claim for free, either to the firm or person against whom you wish to complain or to the statutory ombudsman (Financial Ombudsman Service or Pension Ombudsman Service) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, whichever is applicable to your claim.