GAS Verdant

If you have a SIPP with an investment for GAS verdant you may want to check if you should be claiming compensation for mis-selling

GAS Verdant – Global Agricultural Services Ltd –  was an investment opportunity to purchase plots of Australian farm land and make money from the crops grown. Unfortunately, it failed to deliver on the promised high returns and in some cases the FSCS has given a zero value on the investment.

Unsuitable for the Average Investor

As with all overseas agricultural investments it was considered high risk and unregulated. This means the FCA has no jurisdiction and therefore no safety net for investors in the event of problems.

Even though high-risk investments are generally considered unsuitable for the average investor GAS Verdant was marketed to investors by several unregulated introducer companies. These include CL&P Brokers and TPS Land.

Financial Advisers and mis-selling

People were also advised by regulated Financial Advisers to invest in GAS Verdant as part of their SIPP personal pension.

Financial Advisers have a duty to properly assess your circumstances and attitude to risk and ensure any recommendations they make are in line with this. However, some failed their clients, either through neglect or greed. As a result clients ended up invested in this venture regardless of the fact it was unsuitable and they could not afford the losses.

Want a free expert check to see if you’ve been mis-sold?

Whilst each case is individual, as mis-selling specialists we know to look for certain signs that in our experience indicate that mis-selling may have happened.

Our assessment is free and there’s absolutely no obligation to use our service if you have case.

Key Facts

High-risk Investment which was unsuitable for the average SIPP investor
SIPP Providers Liberty SIPP and Carey Pensions had GAS Verdant in some of their SIPPs
You may be able to claim compensation for mis-selling

We win more than 9 out of 10 claims

The cost of our service is 18% inc VAT on the total monies awarded for a successful claim

Important Information!

You are not required to use our services to pursue your claim. You can also seek further advice or shop around subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.

It is possible for you to present the claim for free, either to the firm or person against whom you wish to complain or to the statutory ombudsman (Financial Ombudsman Service or Pension Ombudsman Service) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, whichever is applicable to your claim.