Caledonian International Associates

If you received advice from Caledonian International Associates to transfer your pension now’s the time to check for mis-selling.

Caledonian International Associates, also known as CI Associates, are known to have been actively involved in Armed Forces pension transfers.

Caledonian International was the trading name of MMG Associates, who were registered in the British Virgin Islands. It’s also sometimes referred to as Caledonian and CI Associates.

In his business model David Clark from CI Associates describes himself as the “preferred adviser for the Armed Forces occupational pension scheme for individuals who had left the armed forces”

CI Assciates and Caledonian were not authorised to give pension advice.


Caledonian & Carey Pensions

Between 2012-2013 David Clark was responsible for introducing over 500 clients to SIPP provider Carey pensions UK (now known as Options Pensions).

These clients transferred out of their Armed Forces Pensions scheme and into a SIPP with Carey’s.

This enabled some of them to invest in Friends Provident International Reserve Bond. Funds within this bond have since been suspended.


Creechurch Capital & Harbour Pensions

Caledonian also had relationships with Creechurch Capital, an investment provider and Harbour Pensions. Harbour Pensions, a pension provider based in Malta, was purchased by the STM Group.


Why was it wrong to transfer Armed Forces Pension?

Transferring out of the Armed Forces Pension Scheme would only have been suitable for some members in exceptional circumstances.

Most regulated financial advisers would not have made a recommendation to transfer out of a DB pension scheme, like the AFPS, unless it was in their client’s best interests.

This is because pension schemes like the AFPS are considered valuable because of the benefits that come with them, such as a guaranteed income.

They also don’t have the same costs that private arrangements such as SIPPSs have. So, advice to transfer would not be a better move in retirement for most scheme members.

Also, the investments involved can be much riskier than the level of risk the client can afford or is willing take.

Unfortunately, unregulated pension introducers receive commissions for recommending unsuitable investments to people regardless of the consequences.

Can I make a claim if I transferred my Armed Forces Pension?

You may be able to make a claim if a regulated firm or individual was involved in your pension transfer. Providing there’s evidence that they gave unsuitable advice or acted in a way that breached the FCA regulations.

Successful claims have been made against Financial Advisers who gave unsuitable advice to AFPS members.

Claims are also currently being made against Options Pensions (Carey’s) regarding their due diligence practices in respect of accepting business from unregulated introducers.

This includes business they accepted from CI Associates.


Want some help check to see if you’ve been mis-sold by Caledonian?

We are currently representing many Ex-Forces Personnel who have been affected by pension mis-selling

If you want some free initial advice call and have a chat with one of our team. We can tell you if we think you may have a case and advise you of your options if you want to make a claim.

See what our customers think of us on Trustpilot.

Key Facts

Caledonian also known as CI Associates introduced over 500 clients, who transferred out of the Armed Forces Pension Scheme, to SIPP provider Carey pensions UK
This enabled some to invest in Friends Provident International Reserve Bond, which has since had some funds suspended.
Also had relationships with Creechurch Capital and Harbour Pensions (STM)

We win more than 9 out of 10 claims

The cost of our service is 15% + VAT on the total monies awarded for a successful claim. Our cost is also priced capped at one of the lowest rates.

Rodders Hewitt
Pension Claim Consulting Ltd ...have for me done a great job ...within the expected time scale ...Couldn't have asked for more
Phil C
Thank you to all at PCC. My claim was managed brilliantly and was successful. I can highly recommended their services. Thank you once again
Christopher Fraser
After identifying a concern regarding my pension, I sought advice from Pension Claim Consulting. The response and customer service was swift and amazing. The courtesy and care taken throughout the whole process was phenomenal. The consultant’s communication from start to finish filled me with confidence that PCC do exactly what they state and were on hand whenever required. The level of understanding, empathy for the frustrations, and patience is by far the best I’ve witnessed. I cannot thank PCC enough for their outstanding work ethic and dedication to customers/clients. If you have any concerns at all regarding your pension, then I would highly recommend that you get in touch with them.
Andy Yates
Fantastic service, so impressed with Pension Claims Consulting. None stop updates throughout and everyone who works there was so helpful and supportive in every way. Thank you so much for getting my pension back.
Robert Manningham
Pension Claim Consulting Ltd successfully won a case on my behalf following misguided advice I received in relation to my pension. They were most proactive in the process and kept me fully informed every step of the way. I have no hesitation in recommending their services.
Deanamo 84
Very professional, very thorough and very good at what they do. Always at the end of the phone or email for any questions at anytime throughout the process. I can’t recommend them enough.
Roger King
Pension Claim Consulting managed to reclaim some of my pension by constantly chasing the company that fraudulently took my money. I though that I had lost everything. I cannot thank them enough on recovering some of my pension back.
Susan Stringer
Excellent standard of service. The claim was protracted substantially by virtue of opponents trying hard to not accept any responsibility for their actions and not return the pension fund. PCC kept me fully informed throughout the process, obtained an excellent result for me.They also kept chasing the opponent when little action was taking place from them. The staff were always pleasant and helpful to deal with and very encouraging when I felt my claim was doomed to failure. I can not praise highly enough
Paul Wilshaw
Very professional and informative from the beginning of our 5 year relationship. They talked me through every step of the process with what to expect. I would recommend Pension Claim Consulting to anyone who wants an honest and professional service.
Bill Cass
Great team and they will get the best outcome they can always kept informed the process took a longtime not because of anything pension claims consulting did purely the pension sip provider playing games i would 110% recommend this company to pursue your claim without doubt best thing i have done they didn't give up on my claim even though I had given up on any good outcome however finally resolved and paid thank you pension claim consulting
Important Information!

You are not required to use our services to pursue your claim. You can also seek further advice or shop around subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.

It is possible for you to present the claim for free, either to the firm or person against whom you wish to complain or to the statutory ombudsman (Financial Ombudsman Service or Pension Ombudsman Service) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, whichever is applicable to your claim.